Single Parent Scholarships
- October 12, 2010|
- Posted in: |
- 0 Comments
Here is a list of single parent scholarships for all our non-traditional students out there. If you are a single parent, check out these great scholarship opportunities!*
1. Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund
- Scholarships for single parents living in Arkansas
- Specific eligibility requirements per county
2. Denny’s Single Parent Student Scholarship
- Sponsored by Hispanic College Fund
- Must be of Hispanic background
- Must demonstrate he/she is a single parent
3. Jeannette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund
- Women, aged 35 or older
- Enrolled in, or accepted to, a regionally or ACICS accredited school
- Applications available online November 1, 2010 for the 2011 school year
4. Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity Awards
- The program assists women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills, and employment prospects.
- Reside in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
5. Association of American Indian Affairs: Displaced Homemaker Scholarships
- The Association on American Indian Affairs offers Displaced Homemaker Scholarships to those men and women who would not otherwise be able to complete their educational goals due to family responsibilities. This scholarship is generally for older students who have put off college to raise their children and students who are returning to college after raising their children. Funds may be used to assist with childcare, transportation and basic living expenses in addition to educational costs.
6. Possible Woman Foundation International
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age
- PWFI scholarship program identifies women whose education was delayed or interrupted
- Preference is given to women who are pursuing their educational endeavors in the state of Georgia.
- 2011 scholarships available online in the Fall 2010.
7. Royal Neighbors of America Scholarships for Women
- Specific scholarships women aged 35 or older returning to school to advance their careers.
- Eligibility requirements and deadlines vary
8. AARP Foundation Women’s Scholarship
- AARP Foundation Women’s Scholarship Program is for women who are 40+ years old, and who are seeking new educational opportunities, job skills, and training.
9. Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation
- For low-income women with children who are pursuing education or training.
*Eligibility requirements and deadlines vary per scholarship. Click the specific scholarship link for more details.